Minimum Temperature: 1°C (34°F)
Wind Direction: West North Westerly
Light Rain Shower
Added on: 10th January, 2017 by Dawn_14167
Local friendly society Sheffield Mutual has launched a charity nomination scheme for 2017. They are asking the general public to nominate their favourite charity via their website www.sheffieldmutual.com . Nominations will close on 31st March 2017.
Once nominations have been made, a panel consisting of staff and Committee will choose 10 charities to put forward for the public vote. Charities will then have until 31st July to get as many votes as possible. The successful charity will be announced in August 2017.
Sheffield Mutual also supports other charities and good causes via their Community Fund and Mutual Friends® scheme.
Criteria for charity nominations.
• Charities nominated must be registered charities on the gov.uk website
• Priority will be given to charities aimed at relieving hardship, poverty or suffering
• We favour charities that are perhaps less well known and where a donation of £5,000 would make a considerable difference
• Recipient charities will be required to use their best endeavours to promote their relationship with the Society and must agree to participate in publicity photos etc. if required
• Charities will need to engage with their supporters in order to gain votes
There are a few standard exclusions to be aware of:
• Charities nominated must not be related to companies, political parties or religious groups (unless the project will benefit the wider community)
• Charities should be UK based
• Donations are not available for statutory services, such as libraries and hospitals
For further information please contact Dawn Gregory on 01226 741000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org